We are here to serve individuals and families amongst the most vulnerable communities in the Republic of South Sudan (ROSS). Drawing strength from our diversity, resources and experience, while promoting innovative solutions and advocating for national responsibility. We facilitate lasting change by:
- Strengthening community capacities in all forms of sectors for and towards overall development agendas.
- Providing economic opportunity
- Delivering relief in emergencies
- Influencing policy decisions at all levels
- Addressing discrimination in all its forms while advocating for peaceful coexistence
Agricultural empowerment is one of our major strongholds. For instance, we have been training and preparing the community for farming fruits, vegetables and onions among others. We started by demonstrating watermelon farming. The watermelon fruit is mostly composed of water. The over 92% water in the fruit serves as a great refreshment to quench thirst. Eating watermelons help men increase testosterone. It is also very nutritious: A watermelon has vitamins A, C and B6, folate, potassium, amino acids, antioxidants, and other healthy ingredients, yet it is low in calories.
Watermelon farming in South Sudan is not popular yet very easy to start, the plant requires little management and the market is plenty. In the above project, we intend to offer residents with guidelines on how they can venture into the above business.